Laying of regulation rule etc. on Table
234. (1) Where a regulation, rule, sub-rule, bye-law etc. framed in pursuance of the Constitution or of the legislative functions delegated by Parliament to a subordinate authority is laid before the House, the period specified in the Constitution or the relevant Act for which it is required to be laid shall be completed before the House is adjourned sine die and later prorogued, unless otherwise provided in the Constitution or the relevant Act.
(2) Where the specified period is not so completed the regulation, rule, sub-rule, bye-law etc. shall be relaid in the succeeding session or sessions until the said period is completed in one session.
Allotment of time for consideration of amendment to regulation, rule etc.
235. The Speaker shall, in consultation with the Leader of the House, fix a day or days or part of a day as he may think fit for the consideration and passing of an amendment to such regulation, rule, sub-rule, bye-law etc. of which notice may be given by a member:
Provided that notice of the amendment shall be in such form as the Speaker may consider appropriate and shall comply with these rules.
Transmission of amendment to Council
236. After an amendment is passed by the House, it shall be transmitted to the Council for its concurrence and on receipt of a message from the Council agreeing to the amendment, it shall be forwarded by the Secretary-General to the Minister concerned.
Amendment returned by Council
237. If the Council disagrees with the amendment passed by the House or agrees subject to a further amendment thereof or proposes an amendment in substitution thereof, the House may either drop the amendment or agree with the Council in the proposed amendment or insist on the original amendment passed by the House. A message in either case shall be sent to the Council. In case the House agrees to the amendment as further amended by the Council, the amended amendment shall be forwarded by the Secretary-General to the Minister concerned.
Disagreement between Houses
238. If the Council agrees to the original amendment passed by the House, it shall be sent by the Secretary-General to the Minister concerned, but if the Council disagrees or insists on an amendment to which the House has not agreed, the Houses shall be deemed to have finally disagreed, and all further proceedings thereon shall be dropped.
Subordinate legislation Laying of regulation rule etc as amended on Table
239. If a regulation, rule, sub-rule, bye-law etc. is modified in accordance with the amendment passed by the Houses, the amended regulation, rule, sub-rule, bye-law etc. shall be laid on the Table.
[For rules relating to Committee on Subordinate Legislation, see Chapter XXVI of these rules.]